Saturday, February 14, 2009

Vah Humvug!

Thump thumpity thump thump thump!  The sound of my four-year-old's feet skipping across the floor woke me up.  I knew instantly who it was, and dragged myself out of bed to go find out why she was up...at 4:48 a.m.  And that other sound I was hearing...yes, it was definitely whispering.  When I got upstairs, she was just climbing back into her bed, my seven-year-old daughters were together in one bed, and all three of them were whispering excitedly about the valentines I'd left at the ends of their beds.

Vah Humvug.

I am a Valentine's Day Scrooge, but thanks to their grandmas, the girls have been counting down the days until Valentine's Day.  They've planned out what they were going to wear today, and they've been working all week on envelopes for each other that are overflowing with notes and drawings.  My oldest daughter gave me a Valentine's note a few days ago, and when I went to bed last night, I found an envelope from the other 7-year-old daughter on my bedside table:


So I dug out some valentines and put one at the end of each girls bed, and one by Mr Adorable's door.

And now, the girls and I have all been up since 4:48.

Hmph.  Vah Humvug.

No comments: