Saturday, July 27, 2013

Another Laundry Room Makeover

After my last laundry room makeover, the laundry room was organized and functional, but of course it never stayed this neat.


And these ugly (albeit functional) brown shelves,


 well, I just couldn't handle looking at them any more.


Ew.

So one evening, while the kids had cereal for dinner, I painted them white.
(Editor's Note:  The shelves, Aunt Shirley, NOT the kids!  It's safe to eat cereal at my house again!)


A few weeks later, I inherited the crib that my grandpa built in the 40s.
It was the excuse I'd been waiting for...I tore out the cheap cabinets in the laundry room to create a space for the crib, and I only lost two inches of walkway.

(If it's quiet, and I can't find my girls, I look here.  They've been known to curl up in the crib together to read - all three of them!)


The laundry room is still not my favorite room in the house, but at least the new look makes me smile when I walk in there instead of cringing!

1 comment:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

It is so beautiful!

It looks like a perfect spot to read and have "momma" throw the nice warm clean clothes on top of the girls! Snuggle bunnies!