When we moved from Tennessee to Washington, we had 33 boxes of books, and by the time we moved into this log house, I had collected just a few more.
(Boxes? Or books? I'm not telling! My husband's reading this!)
That collection has grown even more during the years we've lived here, but they're (mostly) for school, and I like to plan ahead, so...
We want to put in some really cool built-in shelves along these walls on the upstairs landing, but in the meantime, my shelves were cardboard boxes, stacked up on top of each other and reinforced with boards between layers.
The shelves along this adjacent wall were even worse:
and there was no improving them. In the last configuration the box-shelves were five rows tall instead of the three in this picture, with no wooden bookcase and with less uniformly sized boxes.
And the top two rows were starting to lean forward away from the wall.
To save our children's skulls and their mother's sanity, we bought some "temporary" bookshelves for the larger wall,
and my husband built "rustic" temporary bookshelves for me along the short wall.
But my husband doesn't do things half way.
He built "rustic" temporary bookshelves for me...
...with built-in lighting on each shelf!
The rest of the story (or at least more pictures) is coming soon!