Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kindergarten Plans

On Monday I told Mr. Adorable that he will be starting Kindergarten next year. He was very excited that he will be finally starting school just like his sisters, and for the rest of the day we heard all about his ideas for what he is planning to do once he starts Kindergarten.

On Tuesday I spent most of the day on the computer, searching for and researching books for 5th grade (but that's another story), and every time I went downstairs for something, Mr. Adorable would ask me, "Are you working on my Kindergarten?"

On Wednesday morning, as I sat at the table correcting Math and Grammar for the girls, Mr. Adorable brought up the subject again. "Mom, I don't think I'm ready to start Kindergarten yet." I told him that was OK, that we could wait a while. He sat quietly for a few seconds then responded, "OK, maybe tomorrow."

This evening I asked him to get out some kid plates for dinner, and he told me, "I got two plates and then two more so there would be four, because two plus two equals four." I thanked him and had him set them on the counter for me, and he asked, "Mom, am I supposed to know that already, or will I learn that in Kindergarten?"


2 comments:

C.G. Koens said...

That's great! :-) I remember being SO excited to start Kindergarten (at home), and asking my mom all the time when I was going to be able to read books all by myself. :-)

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

So fun! He is eager. That is awesome and so very sweet.